Saturday, March 26, 2011

Got Married ---- November 2009!





My how time flies... I have not posted in about a year and a half... so I'm just going to do a little recap here so I have something to look back on. November 2009 - Jim and I got married in the Redlands Temple and had a ring ceremony/reception at Gerald and Jessica Hamptons house. My friend Sara came out from Illinois a few days before the wedding and helped me do all the running around that needed to be done... it was a major help to have her around and I thought it was great fun doing everything necessary to get ready for the wedding... the whole weekend was wonderful. We were married at the temple on Saturday morning November 7, 2010... it was a lovely event and we had some wonderful friends and family join us. Jim and Nicky and I stopped at Taco Bell to eat on the way home to get ready for the reception. So many of our friends helped with everything it was incredible. Jim selected a Hawaiian theme for the dinner/reception. I wore hot pink shoes with my white dress and Melanie made me a sweet necklace out of shells and crystals. Nicky and our friend Laurie took pictures. Gerald and Jess did so much to get their yard ready... it looked beautiful... and they helped with the Kahlua Pork and a million other things too. Jackie Orduno made this amazing macaroni salad with some secret fish ingredient - a few of our other friends brought rice and helped set up, arrange flowers, plants and centerpieces and prepare the rest of the food - fresh fruit and rolls and Jim's girls made pigs in a blanket for appetizers... everyone loved them. And then there was the coconut cake made by Brook Homec - this is the best cake I have ever had in my entire life and I sill have vivid taste-flashbacks of this moist sweet better than any desert in the world cake and I think I need to order one for our anniversary every year!!!!! We stayed at La Quinta Resort the night of our wedding --- great room --- great night!!! Love that place :) Then went to LA area/Dana Point/Laguna Beach for a quick honeymoon. It was great... we ate, went to movies, shopped and lolly gaged around...nice relaxing alone time with no responsibilities ---- wonderful :)

No comments: