Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's finally cool!!!

Yippi - what a beautiful weekend. I'm so thrilled to have had to take my sweatshirt to the soccer games this morning... The kids (Shawn, Sarah & we had Rachel too) all had games scheduled at 8:00 today (Sarah's ended up getting rescheduled to 3:30) and they're all #5 - pretty cool. Sarah scored a couple goals, but all 3 teams ended up losing....

But that didn't put a damper on the day... the kids dad and step-mom came to town, and we decorated cupcakes. I made pumpkin cupcakes and vanilla cupcakes and Melanie melted chocolate chips and swirled it into the cupcakes...and she brought stuff for us to make fall and Halloween themed cupcakes. They were delicious and we had so much fun decorating!!! They were also pretty cute... well except the ones with the brains and guts on it - we sent that one home with Mike and Melanie for Grandma Nancy (Melanie's mom) - it started out being a clump of flowers, but as soon as Sarah painted it this weird pink color on it looked more like a brain, so we went with it... Anyway, Grandma Nancy will love it!

Melanie and I always have fun cooking together... we still spend occasional holiday's together since they have the kids for a couple holidays and that sometimes leaves me alone and bored and since I was part of Mike's family for so long and grew up in the town his parents still live it I would just tag along when they went up for the holidays. We haven't been back up to Auburn in so long... I really miss it. I'm so thankful that we're friends... It makes things so much easier. I know a lot of people find it weird, but its totally normal for us. We're all aware that Mike and I disagree on most things, (that's why we're divorced) , so we no longer have to try to agree or resolve anything; we just set our differences aside and focus on our responsibilities to our kids and trying to provide them with a little bit of stability :) I just figure if they come up a little less messed up than me... we're doing okay!



3 comments:

Tami said...

Okay, i have this obsession with wanting to try Sprinkles cupcakes, but have never had the pleasure...so i'm always drooling over cupcakes!!! And those look so amazing!! I can't believe how professional they look!!! I want one!!! maybe two!! WE have two new cupcake places up here but i haven't tried either one of them yet.....but i'm going to......Love Ya!

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

How fun are those cupcakes!?! That makes me want to make some right now, or at least eat one.

That is such a cute pic of all the #5s. Funny.

DJ said...

What a talented family! Your cupcakes look so yummy! I'm glad you threw in the part about Melanie......she's such a nice girl! DO you think you'll be heading our way anytime soon???