Monday, November 17, 2008

"You and Me Against the World" - Song of the day...

Okay first off... time flies !!!! I have not had one second to sit down and relax (or blog, read blogs, catch up on housework, exercised, sleep or anything else....) for the past 2 or 3 weeks... I don't know where the time goes, but there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day for me to get anything done - ever! And speaking of time flying - today is the 6 year anniversary of my moms death... 6 years! I can't even believe its been that long and so I was looking around the house and garage for a recent picture of her to post on here today and after taking sooooo many walks down memory lane looking through old photos - I finally realized there weren't any recent pictures - because there aren't any recent pictures of her (she has been gone for so long)!!! I actually didn't come across too many pictures of her at all, which was kind of a bummer. Most of my pictures from my adult life are just of the kids.... I really need to get with the program so they have more than just pictures of them from their childhood. After I couldn't find a picture, I decided I'd try to find one when she was about my age... this is the best I could do. She's around 36 here, so about 5 years younger than I am... Still - I think she looks more mature than I do... RIGHT? It's probably just the beehive :)

Anyway - I think just about all the songs that are on my play are on there because they have very specific memories tied to them - so all day today I've been singing Helen Reddy's song "You and Me Against the World" in memory of my mom as she always used to blast it and tell me that it was "our song" because it was always the two of us against the world (since my dad died when I was a baby - ya... its been 40 years - I can't even believe I'm old enough for something in my life to have happened 40 years ago!!!!!).
Gotta get some sleep now - I'm feeling old - no wonder I'm tired :)

2 comments:

Time for a change. said...

Your mom was really cool. I have wonderful memories of her. Glad you do too.

Tami said...

I loved your Mom!!! I can't believe it's been 6 years, Wendy!!! Thank God, you and me aren't aging!!! Hope to talk to you soon! Just got back from Hawaii Wednesday; too busy to blog....I'll be down in LA the weekend of the 13th!