Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Funny how love changes....


I can't tell you how many great people I work with at my new job. I don't recall ever working somewhere where everyone got along so well. And there are a handful of people who are around my age, so there's a lot of flashing back going on - today it started out with someone belting out a lyric from an old Foreigner song which got me taking a stroll down memory lane to my first big star love Billy Idol - I can't even tell you what a junkie I was. I had every album (yes, album) and pins, bumper stickers, t-shirts, scarves - you name it... and I remember (yes, I actually remember some stuff - especially when its tied to music - and most of the songs on my blog have specific memoires attached - which is so fun for me :) anyway, I remmber sneaking off to Oakland to see him in concert with my girlfriends when I was 16(that would be the equivalent of sneaking off to LA from the desert)- and we snuck back stage and he walked right past us - I was shocked to see what a tiny little thing he was...but no love lost - it was definitely the highlight of my year!!!! I look back now and he looks a little angry in most of the photos (this one's not bad) - I guess that's the Rebel part - must have been what I loved about him???


Now a days and as far back in my adult life as I can recall - its Richard Gere (yes, I know he's a little different - but I can't help it)... and here I am star struck again - he has a new movie coming out with Diana Lane (who I also love!!!) "Nights in Rodanthe" - I'm so excited about it I even read the book and I'm soooooo not a reader - I really try to be, but I just can't ever get into anything - which I'm finding isn't such a bad thing, as I loved this book so much that I neglected just about everyone and everything just so I could hurry and finish it up. So that's it...new times, new loves... I cannot wait for the movie!!!

4 comments:

Tami said...

I remember all of your Billy Idol paraphernalia!!! You had tons of stuff and because of you I caught the Billy Idol bug!!! I remember in your room you had a mannequin (from the waist up); it had a Billy Idol shirt on it and tons and tons of pins!! Really cool! I've seen him twice a few years back and it definitely was an amazing experience, but not the same as when we were young and he was SO BIG!!! Also, regarding Nicholas Sparks; I have several of his books and he is just an amazing writer!!! And his movies are almost as good as his books, which is saying a lot!! Love Ya Wenby!

Blackwell-Park's Blog said...

Ya - I loved that mannequin :) and how did we work, go to school and still have time for so much fun??? Remember that deer jumping over the car and the Cujo night and Jeff and Mike (not my ex-husband Mike for any other readers) - and Jimmy.. And - oh my gosh - what about Brad? Lots of laughs - okay, a little heartbreak here and there too - but lots of fun memories nonetheless :)

Time for a change. said...

I remember when you went and saw Billy. I went to see Duran Duran the next week or so. Many a Billy Idol song takes me back to driving around in that mustang of yours.

DJ said...

Oh man....those were the good ol' days......funny now that we're moms.....I would be so disappointed if my daughter went out to a concert that I didn't know about......what rebels we were..."we cried more, more, more!" I miss my teenage years....the ones I remember!