Monday, September 15, 2008

It's that time again...


Soccer season is upon us again. I love this time of year - it's so fun to watch the kids play! And the weather is starting to get nicer too :) All is well in my little soccer world.

Had a nice week and weekend too... I laughed harder than I have in as long as I can remember one night over something Jim's son said... I almost had to pull the car over I was laughing and crying so hard! I love that - wish I could do it more often!!!! Saw a couple of movies with Jim(The Women and Traitor - both were very good - Traitor is a thriller that was a little disturbing, but entertaining and The Women of course is a total chick flick - Jim's such a great sport- he'll see anything with me). One more week until Nights in Rodanthe comes out - I'm soooo excited ;)

One of the young men at our church is getting ready to head off on a mission to Uganda - for two years!!! It's exciting and scary at the same time. I remember when I went to Europe for the summer when I was 21; I was homesick starting the first night. I was up half the night talking to the front desk clerk at the hotel - he settled me down enough to stay, but I still shaved a couple weeks off the end of my trip. I can't imagine being away from home for 2 years at that time in my life. It's such an amazing sacrifice that these young men make. I know they all grow in so many ways while they're gone, but its got to be hard to get there mentally and adapt to a new environment without all the comforts of home. It's so wonderful that they do so much teaching and so much learning and then come back all ready for life!

No comments: