Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to school



Okay - here are the kids this morning - the first day of school! Sarah's first year in middle school, Shawn's last. They were both very excited to get to school and were out the door before 7!

Shawn even offered to make sure Sarah got her new schedule and to show her around to her classes, but after she got her schedule, she ventured off by herself - and made it to all her classes on time... Success! They both had a great first day :)

And I had a great day at work too - and went to a baby shower this evening which was fun - lots of cute gifts, nice people and great food. I really need to get out more. I met this great gal there who told me that she birthed both of her babies at home!!!! She told me she used some Bradley Method and it was fabulous. Its amazing what the mind can do when trained properly! Where the heck was she when I was in my childbearing years? I went to Lamaze... Lamaze shamaz I tell you... it all went out the window when I was in labor... I remember when one of our classes was a trip to the Labor & Delivery department and there was this woman screaming at the top of her lungs and I just thought - keep it down in there lady - you're freaking us out - and our teacher assured us that we could avoid that kind of situation by being educated and following our plan. YA RIGHT - that was soooooo me!

QUESTION: Does anyone know why Shawn's eyes are red in this picture and Sarah's aren't? His eyes are always red in pictures but I just figured it was me - but why aren't hers red if its the same lighting, camera, etc?

3 comments:

Kym said...

I'm so glad you came last night Wendy. It was fun to see you. I'm glad you had a good time!!

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

You have such beautiful children. Seriously, that is a great picture of them. As for the red eyes, can you try the "red eye" thing on the camera? I know mine has one. Who knows if it works. We need an enrichment night on picture taking, don't we? I'm glad it was a super night for you. You needed it. I was planning on going but Jamie got home so late that I totally forgot.

Tami said...

I the answer to the "red eyes" is this: tell Shaun to quit smoking! Kidding! Glad they had a great first day; we are already in our 4th week! Crazy! And Ciara is doing the clarinet! Nosy! Seriously, I always have one red eye and one white eye, b/c of my blind eye...i can't even tell in the pic though! Have a great week!