Saturday, June 21, 2008

1st Day of Summer 6/21/2008

Yowza its a hot first day of summer - 118.... the temperature's high and gas prices are too -although they are down from last week - I only paid $4.41 yesterday. My friend Kelli (from grade school - who I recently found on our high school website) is living in England and tells me that the gas prices are equivalent to $12/gallon. She hardly drives anywhere!!!

I added a few new summer songs to my playlist. One's an old favorite Bryan Adams song (I'm feeling a little nostalgic with the recent birthday) and the other's a new Kid Rock song... who knew??? I've never heard anything from the Kid before this -its a mix of Werewolf in London and Sweet Home Alabama - talk about a blast from the past - I love it! I can't believe how talented people are - first just to write any kind of song is amazing, but then to have it enter ones mind to blend two songs and add new lyrics and get a whole new song - completely unbelievable. Thank goodness there are talented people out there working to entertain the rest of us!!!

1 comment:

DJ said...

Love it...you're totally a blogger....what a great way to check in on you......thanks for sharing! Kelli Bolton....now that's a blast from the past!