Sunday, June 1, 2008

Desert Living & Post Tramatic Stress


Well - I never really thought too much about post tramatic stress until today. I mean sure I've had traumatic events throughtout my life, but I figure - you just accept it and move on - until today.... I got in the shower sans contact lenses (for the last time ever) and felt a little something on my leg. I looked down and saw a very blury something - big and black and screamed and jumped out of the shower - grabbed my glasses and looked down and saw it: a huge black Date Beetle (aka COCKROACH for you non-desert dwellers) - YES - right there in the shower and it was on my leg!!! And I call my son and say why didn't you come when I was screaming - what if something was wrong and he says - well it was just a bug scream - so no reason for me to come running. Just a bug scream? Are you kidding me - there was a cockroach on my leg. All through the day I've been having phantom crawling on my leg and I'm sure to wake up with night terrors tonight!

No comments: