Wednesday, June 25, 2008

You've got to be kidding me!!!!

This week at my new job we have had "team building" in the afternoons on Mon & Tues and all day today.... I'm not sure how much team building we actually did since it was really deep cleaning of some of the meeting rooms and cleaning out storage areas, but it was certainly a necessity and most likely the quickest way to get the huge task done (and I say that lightly as I think there is much more to do - but we were only scheduled for the 3 days)..... Anyway some of it was outside and all of it was totally physical and completely exhausting!!!! So needless to say I was thrilled when those of us who had worked all three days were given first pick of the stuff that was selected to be sold at the employee sale or given to good will. I just took a few items and one (or two) was this beautiful chair and ottoman set (someone else referred to them as hideous, but I love them) - so I get them home and all set up in the perfect or shall I say purrfect corner of my bedroom and lo and behold the furball cat takes no time at all to get cozy right in the middle of my new chair!!!! Hiss hiss.... kitty kitty.

By the way - Shawn has been at camp since Sunday - and I haven't heard a word from him. I'm assuming that must mean he's having a great time. Poor thing, he's stuck here with Sarah and I all the time - I suspect he's in heaven just soaking in all the guy time :)

And - I haven't heard back from Charllis yet with the copies of the letters from my dad.... I'll have to send a reminder as I've been waiting on pins and needles since she told me about them :)
Has everyone forgotten about me already???? Or maybe they're just ignoring me - like the cat!

3 comments:

Time for a change. said...

I like the chair. What a nice bonus. Makes 3 days of hard work pay off.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

I like that idea. W need to do a little "Team Building" around here. "No kids, we're not cleaninh, we're 'team building.' Isn't this fun?" My kids would never fall for it, yet they expect a bunch of adults to? Happy about the chair though, but not as happy as your cat.
Love your new blog.

Alysa@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

This blogging thing is awesome as now I have a whole new idea from your blog and comment section. We're going to be doing some "team building" around these parts! Love the chair.